- About Us
- WRF 2014
- Upcoming Events
- Past Events
- WRF 2013
- Press release
- Chairman's summary
- Photo gallery
- Video gallery
- Steering Committee
- Scientific Expert Committee
- Energie 2013
- Swiss-Asia Forum
- ICT4S workshop
- WRF 2012
- ADF Urban Mining
- COP-11 Urban Eco-Efficiency
- Parliamentarian briefing on Resources
- WRF 2011
- Students Reporters Blog
- WRF 2009
- R' Conference Series
- WRF 2013
- Get involved
The WRF Conference is an event in a series of high-profile conferences on global resources issues, formerly known as R' Conferences (Recycling). These events have been organised since 1993 by the Swiss-based materials research institute and think-tank Empa, which is part of the prestigious ETH Domain.
In 2009 the first WRF Conference was organised in Davos, Switzerland, back to back with the R'09 Twin World Congress on Resource Management and Technology for Material and Energy Efficiency. Consecutively, the R' Conferences got entirely integrated into the WRF and in 2011 the enlarged WRF Conference took place again in Davos from September 19-21, 2011. In 2012, the main annual event of the World Resources Forum (WRF) was held in Beijing, China, organised together with colleagues from the Chinese Academy of Sciences. From October 21-23, 2012 participants from all over the world gathered to discuss about “Resources and the Green Economy". The event gathered more than 700 participants from over 40 countries at the China National Convention Center. In October 2013, the fourth World Resources Forum was organised again in Davos, Switzerland. The Forum was dedicated to three different main topics, one for each day, namely the Political Panel on Resource Gouvernance "Can we manage our resources together?" on Monday, the Business Panel titled "Can We Seize the Business Opportunities in a Changing World?" on Tuesday, and the Lifestyles and Education Panel asking "Is it the Behaviour" on Wednesday. Next year's WRF will be organised together with partners in Peru, South-America.
WRF 2014 in Arequipa, Peru (October 12 - 15, 2014)
- Between 400 - 600 participants are expected
- Directed towards academics, politicians, research-oriented practitioners, sustainability officers, consultants and other professionals working in the field of sustainable development, especially in the areas of resource management, resource efficiency and eco-innovation.
- Supported by a several governmental agencies, companies, research institutes and NGOs. Find out more about our partners here.
The World Resources Forum Conference is the key global event in the field of resource use, resource efficiency and eco-innovation.
By sponsoring the 2014 WRF Conference, you will:
- position your organisation as a thought-leader in the field of global resource use
- get the opportunity to meet and reach a great number of leading decision-makers working on sustainability and resource issues
- promote your company, your products and ideas to several hundred resource-conscious participants from all over the world
The WRF offers three types of sponsorship packages:
Maximum number: 1
Maximum number: 15
Maximum number: -
As exhibitor of the World Resources Forum (WRF) Conference 2014 you have the great opportunity to present your company to an internationally renowned network of high level politicians, industry-leaders and scientists in one of the most exciting economies of the world. Please contact us for details and prices.
Interested in sponsoring the WRF Conference 2014? Then you are most welcome to contact us:
World Resources Forum Secretariat
CH-9014 St. Gallen
Tel: +41 58 765 74 00